Monday, December 9, 2013

A Business Affair | Barry's Head Shots Old Town,VA

I am lucky to have friends that support me and want to see me succeed with my photography.


This photo shoot was the product my friend Avrielle referring me to a co worker who needed some head shots for a website.

I am used to shooting portraits and being able to use nature and various backgrounds to my photos.  I also tend to do some funky editing.  The requirements of the head shots were to have neutral backgrounds and mild editing. I knew that I could do it, but it was a bit out of my comfort zone.

Not only due to the type of photo, but I m so used to taking photos of women!!
This would be a man, someone I had never met, and I couldn't use a scenic background......Alas, I am always one to bring on a challenge

I asked Barry to meet near my favorite coffee shop (which is where I always tend to meet people for things!).  AS I waited for me I scoped out the area to see where there were some neutral backgrounds.  I should have done this pre-shoot, but I am such a day-of type of gal which is kind of a thrill for me.  Will the lighting be good?  Will I found a good backdrop?  What about weather?  Most photographers would plan this accordingly. But not I!!  I have found in life that things never go as planned so just go with it.....

After scoping out the area, Barry had arrived!  He was super nice and I immediately knew we would have a good shoot. I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible and the session was very lighthearted. We had lots to talk about and found we many things in common!  I love making connections like these not only for business but in life.

Connecting with a client helps the session run smoother, and both parties feel more comfortable and at ease which helps the entire flow of the process. I am happy with the results and so is he!  I hope to do business with him in the future.

What I learned from this shoot is that I can still get results I am happy with even when I stepout of my comfirt zone :)

XOXO
Karissa











No comments:

Post a Comment